We are pleased to announce Sarix version 1.9.2 firmware has been released. Firmware updates are available for all IX, ID, IM, IE, TI, ESTI, Spectra HD(S5x), Spectra h.264(SD4Ex), ExSite IP, and Esprit IP Series cameras and NET5400T encoders.
New Improvements and Features
- Added support for IPv6. Sarix devices support mixed IPv4 and IPv6 installations, but not IPv6-only deployments.
- Incorporated a licensing interface, allowing users to add specialized features to their Sarix device. Contact your sales representative for more information about the features available for your Sarix device through licensing.
- Included a window blanking calibration feature for Spectra HD products. Calibrating blanked areas results in more accurate window blanking when controlling the camera with PTZ.
- Reduced the time between when a user accesses a device and when video becomes available to the user.
- Improved accuracy of window blanking during pan, tilt, and zoom operations.
NET5400T Improvements and Features
- Added the ability to determine the period of video loss between an analog device and a NET5400 Series encoder that will trigger a video loss alarm. Tailoring the period of video loss that triggers alarms allows users to prevent excessive or false alarms, and limits alarm traffic to Endura system managers. By default, video loss alarms are triggered if the encoder does not receive a video signal or cannot determine the format of the video signal (PAL or NTSC) for three seconds.
- Added the ability to select the video standard for incoming video, PAL or NTSC. By default, the encoder will attempt to automatically detect the format of incoming video. If the incoming video signal is weak, it may be advantageous to select the format of incoming video. However, if the incorrect format is selected, the encoder will not receive video, and you will have to restart the encoder to correct the issue.
- Added support for the Pelco P protocol, allowing for PTZ control through WS5200 software version 2.5.5 or later.
- Enabled support for the AUX OFF command for NET5400 Series encoders.
- This release is viable for SECURE-SLA licensed devices.
- For thermal cameras, noise filtering is now performed prior to analytics, helping reduce the number of false analytic alarms.
- Corrected an issue preventing thermal cameras from meeting specified analytic ranges, notably motion and trip-wire analytics.
- Corrected an issue causing excessive UPnP traffic from NET5400T, ExSite IP, Esprit IP, and Spectra IV IP cameras operating on Sarix 1.8.2 firmware to Endura system managers.
- Improved overall system stability for uninterrupted video recording.
- Corrected an issue causing the Web interface and SOAP services to stop responding when the camera received an invalid authentication string in an HTTP request. Invalid authentication strings will no longer affect the Web interface or SOAP services.
- Corrected an issue in thermal cameras causing a relay to stop in the incorrect state when triggered multiple times (by an alarm) in rapid succession.
- Corrected an issue causing a SET_PARAMETER call to the device’s RTSP server with no defined parameters to return a 454 error. This call now returns a code 200.
- Corrected an issue causing the brightness slider to remain available when WDR was set to ON. When WDR is set to ON, the brightness setting is not configurable. Now, when WDR is set to ON, any settings that are unavailable will be unavailable in the Web interface.
- Corrected an issue causing Pelco API GetMag and GetPosition calls to return incorrect values for Esprit IP, ExSite IP, and Spectra IV IP H.264 cameras.
- Corrected an issue preventing the user from issuing PTZ commands through the arrow buttons in the Web interface when the HTTP port was set to a value other than the default (80).
- Improved color calibration in IM Series cameras with SureVision.Improved the daylight color algorithm for IM Series cameras with SureVision, increasing color accuracy at dawn and dusk.
- Corrected an issue with all Day/Night models of IM Series and IM Series with Surevision cameras that prevented the IR cut filter from resetting when the camera was restarted. This resulted in some objects in the field of view to appear purple following a restart.
- Corrected an issue that caused devices operating on firmware version 220.127.116.11 or later to allow access to local user accounts even after remote mode (LDAP) was enabled.
- Corrected an issue that caused D5118 models to become unresponsive to PTZ commands when quickly setting and editing presets.
- Corrected an issue that caused inconsistent PTZ control when a NET5400 Series encoder was connected through a CM9700 DVR in 2-wire mode.
Thank you for your support,
The Integration & Partnering Team
Older Firmware Versions
The following links describe previous Sarix firmware versions: