Spectra Professional Series Firmware Version 5.10.26
We are pleased to announce that the Spectra Professional Series version 5.10.26 firmware has been released.
New Improvements and Features
- Added ONVIF Profile G support. Users can now record video to the camera’s local SD storage. Users can also start and stop recording through the camera’s web interface.
NOTE: The only SD card presently approved for use with Spectra Pro Series cameras is the 32 GB SanDisk Extreme® PLUS microSDHC™ UHS-I card.
- Added support for PTZ search functionality through the ONVIF API.
- Improved overall PTZ latency and control.
- Added the ability to import an XML file to customize the maximum bit rate settings. To access this feature, click Settings, open the Backup & Restore page, and press Alt+Q to display the custom bitrate settings.
- Added a feature that limits the number of unicast streams depending upon the bit rate, allowing for a minimum of two streams. This prevents users from opening too many concurrent streams, which can negatively impact performance. When the maximum number of unicast streams have been requested, the camera’s interface displays a message indicating the current limit.
- Added Endura connectivity functionality, allowing users to specify the IP address of the System Manager (SM). This allows the camera to connect to Endura in situations when the camera cannot communicate with the SM locator service.
- Added Focus Lock feature to store pan, tilt, zoom, and focus positions relative to defined presets.
- Corrected an issue that caused a wave effect in the video. This issue only occurred when the camera was continuously tilted while at full zoom (20X) and pointed at a long-range scene.
- Corrected an issue causing the three buttons used for the Drag, Resize, and Center functions to stop responding after opening a video stream in a new window.
- Corrected an issue causing the camera to remove the eighth window blank after any other window blank is modified.
- Corrected an issue causing the user to remain logged in after closing the web browser. The camera now automatically logs a user out when the browser is closed.
- Corrected an issue causing the GetMDRegion call to report incorrectly for a full region using Motion Detection. The motion region response now correctly reflects regions set through the Pelco API; it may not necessarily correctly reflect motion regions drawn through the web interface.
- Corrected an issue causing subscription requests for MotionDetection events to fail when the request did not contain the HOST header.
- Corrected an issue that caused the camera to attempt to use the Pelco Media Player (PMP) even when it wasn’t installed. The camera now uses QuickTime® if PMP is unavailable.
- Set the timeout parameter for RTSP to 60 seconds, as defined in RFC 2326, Real Time Streaming Protocol.
- Corrected an issue preventing window blanking zones from being resized as needed.
- Corrected an issue causing the camera to retain a tour after the associated preset was deleted through Endura. This only affected presets and tours modified through Endura; presets and tours modified through the camera user interface were not affected.
- Modified SNMP to provide CPU usage, memory usage, up time, and network traffic data. The updated Pelco MIB can be found at www.pelco.com.
- Corrected an issue preventing users from disabling auto focus through the camera’s interface. Previously, the camera would switch back to continuous mode when the page was refreshed.
- Corrected an issue that allowed changes to the user information while in Remote Mode. This page is now restricted when in Remote Mode and an alert message is displayed in the interface if a user attempts to access it.
- Corrected an issue that caused the camera to return incorrect responses for ONVIF GetNTP requests.
- Corrected an issue that prevented the camera from retaining the Silence Alarm setting when enabled through Endura.
- Corrected an issue that prevented the device name from being updated in the camera user interface after it had been renamed in Endura.
- Corrected an issue preventing Endura from reporting the correct time for the camera after the camera adjusted for daylight savings time.
- Corrected an issue that caused Endura to display Spectra Pro cameras as “Sarix Pro Camera” within the Properties tab.
- Continuous local recording does not function if there is no SD card inserted into the camera before the feature is enabled or if the SD card is removed and reinserted after continuous local recording is enabled. There is no issue with the SD card handler or ONVIF Profile G recording; both function normally.
- Pan limit stops do not function correctly when using a custom pan center point.
- When digital zoom is enabled, there might be a decrease in focus quality in some scenes.
- When setting up preset tours, the transition speed feature is not operational. All tours will move from one preset to another at a standard speed regardless of transition speed settings.
- When audio is enabled, there might be up to 1.5 seconds of web interface latency. This issue does not occur when accessing the video through an Endura system.
- 802.1x security is currently only functional when used with the EAP-MD5 protocol.
For more information on Spectra Professional Series firmware updates, visit the Spectra Professional Series Firmware info page.
Thank you for your support,
The Integration & Partnering Team