Video Streaming and Exporting Performance
There is a maximum number of supported streams for video streaming and video exporting operations using the Pelco SDK.
|Operating System||Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1|
|CPU||Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz (4 cores, 8 threads)|
|HDD||SATA 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD|
|Graphics card||NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0|
- Video streaming and video exporting are CPU intensive operations, and were tested using various scenarios.
- Event monitoring and normal operations of the Pelco SDK are not CPU intensive and were not measured.
- For the results shown in the following tables, each computer used no more than 60% of the available CPU capacity. This allows for other processes executing concurrently during the test operations.
- Additional processes, especially CPU and GPU intensive processes, can decrease the performance of the Pelco SDK applications.
- The test video streams were 30 IPS.
- Scene depicted is of medium complexity (the scene contained some motion).
Maximum Number of Concurrent Video Streams
The maximum number of concurrent video streams supported by the test computer are shown in the following table.
|Stream Type||RTP Live||RTP Playback||RTSP Live||RTSP Playback|
|MPEG-4, 1SIF (352x240)||32||26||32||26|
|MPEG-4, 4SIF (704x480)||30||20||30||20|
|H.264, 1SIF (352x240)||32||26||32||26|
|H.264, 4SIF (704x480)||28||20||28||20|
|H.264, 720P (1280x720)||13||14||13||14|
|H.264, 1080P (1920x1080)||8||9||8||9|
Maximum Number of Export Streams From the Test Computer
The maximum number of concurrent export streams supported by the test computer are shown in the following table.
|Stream Type||Single Export (PEF format with Camera name, Picture and Text overlays enabled)|
|MPEG-4, 1SIF (352x240)||18|
|MPEG-4, 4SIF (704x480)||18|
|H.264, 1SIF (352x240)||18|
|H.264, 4SIF (704x480)||18|
|H.264, 720P (1280x720)||2|
|H.264, 1080P (1920x1080)||2|