Pelco by Schneider Electric offers the Pelco Software Development Kit (Pelco SDK) to help our development partners write applications for controlling Pelco products and for integrating with non-Pelco products and software. The Pelco SDK handles communication to various Pelco devices so you don't need to. It takes care of making the API calls to the devices on behalf of your application.
Specifically, your application requests information from a device, for example, a camera name. The request is passed on to the SDK and the SDK makes the call to the API that resides on the Pelco device, in this case, a camera. The SDK then returns the result back to your application.
Pelco SDK simplifies application development by providing fully-functioning building blocks that you can include in your Pelco applications. Your applications can:
- Display live and recorded video
- Discover the devices and services on your network
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) a camera
- Export video and save in PEF, AVI, MP4, 3GP, MOV, or PPX format
- Handle events and alarms
- Receive raw video frame data
- Manage systems
It is currently available for Windows, and supports: C++, C#, and .NET.
To learn more about the Pelco SDK requirements and usage, refer to:
- Pelco SDK Documentation
- Pelco SDK Development Requirements
- Pelco SDK Use Cases
- Recommendations for Endura integration using the Pelco SDK
- Pelco API and SDK Code Samples
For additional information regarding the Pelco SDK, refer to: